5/1/07

Our Day Apart


Today was kind of a teary day...I went back to work today for the first time in 5 weeks! The past 5 weeks have been the best of my life! So much emotion, new beginnings, and love all wrapped up into one! This picture is of me saying goodbye to him this morning!

It's amazing how much he's already grown, and even more amazing how fast time goes by! It's been my goal to treasure every single moment I've had over the past few weeks...every late night, every early morning, every cry, every dirty diaper because I've witnessed the phrase I've heard over and over, "it goes by so fast..." come to life before my very eyes! It truly has been a joy to give all my heart and love to my little man!

We dropped Whitaker off at Pete & Nona's this morning, which is where he'll stay this week every day from 9-2. Mrs. Lynne (Tyler's mom) gladly took vacation this week to spend it with her grandson...I even think Papa & Nancy (great grandparents) are traveling down on Thursday to spend the day with him...we'll have lots of pictures up soon! Then next week he'll be at the HPC nursury...as staff we're so blessed to have free child care from 9-2 Tuesday-Friday! I think I can endure 5 hours of being without him! He got his first lipstick stain on his cheek from me this morning!


Tyler and I were able to spend a whole 8 days together before getting back into the swing of things...we were able to get a whole lot done on our house that we never finished before moving in...we painted all of our doors, shoemolding, outside trim, decorated our bathroom & even hung a light fixture, which completely decked it out! Here's a pic of the light...


Well it's off to work now...we've got a ton to do to get ready for Submerge Summer Camp, Navigate Summer Session & all of our summer activities...at least my mind will be busy!

Love you all...
Mama C

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Dang thats one cute baby! Congrats guys.

MorningSong said...

I feel your pain! The first day I left Hannah at HPC nursery I was heartbroken. She was about 9 months and Jamie and Christina kept the TWO page instructions I left them. They actually gave that to me for her baby book when we moved. When I left Josh they were shocked because I was not freaked out. I guess I knew I still had to be there to feed him and I got used to it! But this brings back those memories for me! You will make it! Keep smiling and eventually you will be able to do so without crying!

Connie Firmin said...

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" You and Tyler are amazing parents!!!!