5/10/07

8 Beautiful Hours...

Last night Whitaker, Crystal and I were apart of a record setting endeavor! We got home from pathfinders around 9:30 and started the bed time routine. You know changing, bathing, and rocking to sleep while watching American Idol on DVR. While we were getting him ready for bed, being the great husband and father that I am, I noticed that Mom was pretty sleepy and had a VERY long day so I volunteered to do the early early morning feeding so she could get a good nights sleep (please hold your applause until the end of the story). Crystal gratefully agreed and off to bed for the Tullos' and on with the bedtime monitor at approximately 10:37 pm.

I heard the baby crying later and groggily got out of the bed to go get him. After changing his diaper I walked past the clock and it read 6:38 am and panic rushed over me as it began to be confirmed that I am the worst father ever and slept through my son crying all night b/c he had no food. Immediately I rushed into the room and asked Crystal if she had to feed him and she said no, HE NEVER CRIED!!! And as the shame, guilt, and condemnation fell off of me we both rejoiced over those 8 BEAUTIFUL HOURS!!! (Applause please). As it turns out I just know how to pick the best nights to volunteer!!!

Here is a pic of the WELL RESTED PARENTS









Love ya'll.
tt

No comments: