4/9/07

Our First Family Easter


The Family Tullos Easter Picture


I have never been more proud to sit in a church service as I was at 12 on Easter Sunday! Crystal brought Whitaker and met me at church for the last of 7 services I particpated in at our Highland Campus. When I saw them come in I seriously think that my heart skipped a beat! Crystal had Whitaker looking super cute in his little sweater vest and kahki pants, and I honestly almost passed out when I saw how beautiful my wife looked. I dont know if it is common for women to look that fine only 16 days after delivery, but somehow she is working it!

For real though. I have to be honest in this post. There was a brief moment during the Easter service when I got a little emotional. I was holding Whitaker in my arms and looking at him while our worship team was singing a song with lyrics that say, "Oh praise the one who paid my debt, and raised this life up from the dead." While they were singing the congregation stood up and began to worship, but I stayed seated holding my son and I couldnt quit thinking about the incredible price our savior paid for our salvation. The more I thought about it I realized that the price he paid for us is the same price he paid for Whitaker. Needless to say, at that point I lost it! I sat there and kept thinking, "Man, I cant wait to tell him (Whit) about what Jesus did for him."

It was a great weekend...

tt

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make such a beautiful family.
Love to all, Jennifer, Tyler & Madison

the Matts said...

that's awesome, tyler. we are so excited and happy for you guys. we know you are going to be AMAZING parents!!! love y'all!
meg & chris matt

agardana said...

Crystal looks beautiful!!! Motherhood suits her. We love you guys and can't wait to see what God has for the 3 of you.

Stacie, Tony, Tanner and Nicole

Connie Firmin said...

You guys are gonna be the BEST parents ever!!!! No joking!

His Heart for Orphans said...

Congratulations to both of you! He is so precious!