10/16/07

Deep Thoughts, Simple Words... (warning, long post ahead. but its worth it)

This is a very short conversation that was had on one of our comment deals. I thought it was worth putting out there for discussion.

MIKE said...

hey u guys dont know me and i stumbeled on this blog by luck. now i see that u guys are deeply religious people. what i want to know is why? why are u putting so much faith in something and someone who u can t even prouve existes let alone have a impacte on ur life.i mean why are u belitteling ur selfes? it's ur hard work that got u here not god's good heart. i am not an atheiste but give ur selfes some credit and take controle of ur lifes. u will reek the benefits. u can do it while keeping ur fath but not by being a slave to it!

October 13, 2007 12:57 PM

Delete
Tullos Family said...

Mike
As a principle we don't argue about why we believe something. Nor do we claim that we're "religious"...we're just two people who were drowning in our own goodness and yet still so unhappy... all I will say is this: when you really encounter our Creator and our Savior like we have then we absolutely have no other desire in life then to surrender everything we have not to our faith but to the Living Savior Jesus Christ.

My good works are not enough to give me what I need. It's only by God's good heart that while I was lost at just the right time He rescued me!

I pray he would rock your world!

Thanks for the comment we appreciate your question and invite you to continue checking our blog as maybe we can help answer your questions with future blogs.

I will leave you with this question: can you give something to someone if they refuse to receive it?

CT


So I want to know what you think. Here's the deal, though. I don't want to know why you think Mike is wrong and thefamilytullos is right or vice versa. I'd just like to know what people who read this blog really think.

I read 1 Timothy 1:3-7 this morning and its pretty deep when you break it down, but there is one thought in there that gave me the idea for this post. When it comes to thinking and such about "religious" ideas there is a right way and a wrong way. Wrongly, heretical thinkers are moved by arrogance for what "they know" instead of humility in what "they think." Rightly, Christian thinkers thoughts are motivated by love. They think and "argue" in love and grace. They argue not to defeat the opposition, but to win that opponent over in love. So, YES, I am saying that it is possible for "Christians" to think and act "herretically"(don't know if thats a word). So, if you do post, please post out of love not out of arrogance.

Sorry I went so deep so early...

By the way, this is my answer to Mikes question...
My BEAUTIFUL son, Whitaker...

The beautiful sunrise that happens everyday...

My buddy, Hannon, who ALWAYS looks this cute. He carries his guitar with him to church because if he plays it just right he can always get his grandma to sing! He'll bust it out and start playing and then look at his grandmother and say, "Sing for me Big Mama, sing!" How could you not sing if you were Big Mama?

My answer to Mikes question is that there is no way that my hard work or intelligence could have come up with anything close to these things pictured above. So, no I don't deserve any credit only because I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!!!

tt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--truly your answers to Mike came straight from the heart of the Father. I think God sometimes brings people like Mike to our attention so somebody can start praying. All God needs is one person's faith to bring salvation to a soul! Mike, we are believing that you will fulfill the plan and the purpose God has designed for your life!

I loved your blog today Crystal and Tyler! Of course my adorable nephew constantly keeps me coming back to it, but today I especially enjoyed Hannon and the Big Mama guitar story!

Paula D said...

Hi Tyler! I ran across your blog from a link on Pastor Dino's blog. I loved reading this "long" entry! How amazing is it that total strangers can communicate and make an impact on each other through blogs (and other ways too)?!? I pray you and your family continue to experience success in the ministry. You made a wonderful impression on my daughter, Erin, in HPC's childrens' church quite a few years back. She loved "Mr. Tyler". We still are at HPC, but are so enjoying annex services!
Enjoying your blog,
Paula
Me and WD