11/15/07

WARNING: SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS AHEAD!!!

Be prepared... I've got some spiritual thoughts to share...



Don't worry, this is not a "I can't believe how high gas prices are..." post. However, while I was filling up yesterday I had one of those, "I can't believe God spoke to you there..." moments. If you look closer at the second blurry picture you'll notice that it gives some instructions on how to operate the gas pump. I imagine that Exxon could have put a step by step how to fill you're car up with gas, but banking on the fact that most people aren't that ignorant and the fact that pumping gas isn't that difficult it appears that they decided instead to only a one step how too.

You know our lives are a lot like gas pumps. Not in the fact that we dispense overpriced chemicals, but when it comes down to it our lives aren't that complicated. What we do SO often is OVER-COMPLICATE things in our lives that just aren't that complicated. We add unnecessary drama and stress to very undramatic and non-stressful things.

I don't know why this happens, but since this is a spiritual post I'll drop a scripture on you:

"Then Jesus said, "This is what God wants you to do. Believe in the one that He sent."
John6:29

Right out of the gates you know this is an important scripture. Jesus (the savior of the world) is telling us what God (the creator of the world) wants us to do. Here comes God's "gas pump instruction list." If you're like me then you're expecting details. If this is what God wants me to do then I better get out my notebook and pen and get ready to write. But what does He do. He MAKES IT SIMPLE. He says you know what I want you to do, I just want you to believe in my son, the one I sent to bring you a choice at forever with me. In a sense He's saying you don't have to fear the worst and everything doesn't have to be a dramaFEST all the time.

If you take the time, like I had to recently, you'll quickly see that life is not that complicated. It's not always easy, but it really doesn't have to be so complicated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!